New AccuDraft Pro Update Released Today
The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) final regulations concerning disability claims are now effective as of April 2, 2018. These final regulations change the procedural requirements to protect and safeguard claims for disability under both group health plans and retirement plans. See our prior posts for what this means for your plans. You can find a complete explanation of the regulations at https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2016-12-19/pdf/2016-30070.pdf.
In response, we have posted an update to the various templates in the AccuDraft Pro desktop software, including Summary Plan Descriptions, Admin Policies, and Base Plan Documents.
What is New in this Release?
The following plan types have been updated to reflect the DOL's Final Regulations:
PPA NS Prototype 401(k)
PPA NS Prototype Profit Sharing
PPA NS Prototype Money Purchase
PPA Volume DC (Adoption Agreement)
PPA Volume DC (Contract)
EGTRRA Volume DB Plan
How to Install this Update
To install this new AccuDraft Pro update, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the Resources Page of the AccuDraft website, or navigate to www.accudraft.com and click the "Resources" menu item.
2. You will be prompted to "Sign In", and you should already have login credentials. If you do, click the "I'm already a user, Login" link and enter your email and password. If not, enter the email and a password you'd like to use for the AccuDraft site. As previously noted, this is the new AccuDraft resources site and is not connected with the previous AccuDraft site, so your login credentials for the older AccuDraft site will not work for the new site. Once you have a login, you can visit this page from time-to-time to find updated pension resources as well.
3. On the Resources page, click the "AccuDraft Pro Updates" icon from the green icons menu. This will take you to the "AccuDraft Pro Updates" area of the Resources page. Click the blue "AccuDraft_Pro_Update_033018.hdi" link towards the upper left of the "AccuDraft Pro Update" area. This will bring you to a download page. Click the "Download" button. Be sure to note where the file is being downloaded (generally into your "Downloads" folder).
4. Once the file download is complete, navigate to the folder in which the update file (AccuDraft_Pro_Update_033018.hdi) was downloaded. Then double-click the file, and this will launch the update process.
5. When the install process begins, you will see a dialog box informing you that the update contains templates that override existing templates in your current library, which is the correct. Click "Override All" to allow the update program to install the newly updated templates and interviews to your AccuDraft Pro Library. Once the process is completed, the update will inform you that it has finished and you templates have been installed.
6. After the update, you will continue to launch the AccuDraft Pro program in the same way as before. There are no changes in how you access the program made by this release. When you open your AccuDraft Pro System, you can verify that the program was successfully updated by noting the Release Date of April 1, 2018 in the library's properties pane. This pane will also display a list of the items that have been updated as listed above.
Have a Question or Need Information?
As always, if you have any questions on this new update, feel free to contact us at 877-346-5994 or email@example.com.