PPA-Approved Volume Submitter Defined Benefit Plan Available on AccuDraft Pro Desktop July 30, 2018
We are happy to announce that the Document Agility, Inc. Defined Benefit Volume Submitter Plan will be available Monday, July 30, 2018, to restate your clients' plans for the changes made by The Pension Protection Act of 2006 (PPA).
To download the new update see the instructions below. Once your download is complete, you will find a new folder in your library called "PPA DB Plan". The SPD and Plan Documents are listed within this folder.
Conversion of EGTRRA Answers to PPA Answers
For DB plans using the AccuDraft Pro desktop product, answer sets for EGTRRA DB plans can be used as a base for creating PPA DB plans and will transfer a large percentage of information. Some data, such as new or substantially changed provisions and effective dates, will require data entry.
We highly recommend that PPA documents be carefully verified before providing them to your clients.
PPA Restatement Deadline
Adopting employers restating for PPA must adopt the pre-approved plan by April 30, 2020. For those plans that must be filed with the IRS for individual determination letters, please see Revenue Procedure 2018-04 for guidance and applicability.
The IRS has not yet issued guidance for the next six-year remedial amendment cycle for pre-approved defined benefit plans (originally set for February 1, 2019).
We are working to provide you with an overview of the new features and system applications through two, one-day training sessions. As soon as we have the dates solidified, we will announce them.
How to Install this Update
To install this new AccuDraft Pro update, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the Resources Page of the AccuDraft website, or navigate to www.accudraft.com and click the "Resources" menu item.
2. You will be prompted to "Sign In", and you should already have login credentials. If you do, click the "I'm already a user, Login" link and enter your email and password. If not, enter the email and a password you'd like to use for the AccuDraft site.
3. On the Resources page, click the "AccuDraft Pro Updates" icon from the green icons menu. This will take you to the "AccuDraft Pro Updates" area of the Resources page. Click the blue "AccuDraft_Pro_Update_072918.hdi" link towards the upper left of the "AccuDraft Pro Update" area. This will bring you to a download page. Click the "Download" button. Be sure to note where the file is being downloaded (generally into your "Downloads" folder).
4. Once the file download is complete, navigate to the folder in which the update file (AccuDraft_Pro_Update_072918.hdi) was downloaded. Then double-click the file, and this will launch the update process.
5. When the install process begins, you will see a dialog box informing you that the update contains templates that override existing templates in your current library, which is the correct. Click "Override All" to allow the update program to install the newly updated templates and interviews to your AccuDraft Pro Library. Once the process is completed, the update will inform you that it has finished and you templates have been installed.
6. After the update, you will continue to launch the AccuDraft Pro program in the same way as before. There are no changes in how you access the program made by this release. When you open your AccuDraft Pro System, you can verify that the program was successfully updated by noting the Release Date of July 30, 2018 in the library's properties pane. This pane will also display a list of the items that have been updated as listed above.
Have a Question or Need Information?
As always, if you have any questions on this new update, feel free to contact us at 877-346-5994 or email@example.com.